What makes FCB’s creative team tick? What inspires them to persevere through one more pitch? A few of our Chicago-based creatives shared a peek into their survival kits.
Courtney Harris, Associate Copywriter
- Lucky Strikes
- Steady supply of caffeine
- Secret stash of Post-Its
- Back bone
- Well-loved thesaurus
Rhett Hildebrandt, Associate Art Director
- Daily exercise
- Frequent viewings of Disney movies
- 10-hour YouTube video of “Dubstep Cat”
- Absorbing prehistoric savageness from dinosaur paraphernalia around my desk
- A secret stash of cookies
- The undying love and support of my countless fans around the world. I couldn’t do this without you.
Jeremy Graham, Associate Copywriter
- 1960’s record player that only plays Dave Brubeck’s “Take 5″
- Acoustic guitar that used to belong to a scruffy dust bowl era hobo
- A freshly baked loaf of my mom’s banana bread
- My torn-up sweatpants that my girlfriend keeps asking me to throw away
- Well-kept cuticles
Alf Zapata, Associate Copywriter
- Parmesan cheese
Faye Ibars, Associate Copywriter
- A good night’s sleep. I’m talking 9-10 hours. Otherwise my brain doesn’t work.
- GIFs. If I can’t express an idea via a GIF, then I throw it out.
- Emojis. Ditto.
- Tina Fey – her book, her show, her everything.
- A stapler. To hold it all together.